Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the Road for Ed

Today, I had the privilege to speak with some great people at the National Night Out event in Grafton, MA. This event was geared toward keeping crime off the streets, and raising awareness about drug use in Massachusetts.

As I mulled around the fields at the Grafton Municipal Building, I spoke with many people who were concerned with John Kerry's lack of responsiveness over the past two-plus decades that he has occupied the Jr. Senate seat. They were also unhappy that there had been no televised debates between Ed and John, and were wondering when the two Democratic Candidates who are vying for the Nomination on September 16th, 2008 would get together and discuss the issues that are the most important to the residents of the Commonwealth.

It was evident to me that the word was spreading fast about Ed's run for the U.S. Senate. About 4 months ago, when I started to help Ed and his team, I approached people asking, "Do you know about Ed O'Reilly?" But now when I say that same sentence, people in Grafton and across Massachusetts respond, "Of course I know Ed O'Reilly!" Needless to say, Ed's name and message is traveling fast.

This event was great, and I'd like to thank each person who came up to me and showed their support for Ed's candidacy. You can be sure the message will continue to be spread, and as always, I'd hope you'd consider contributing to Ed's run for Senate.

Best Wishes,
Greg Agnew

No comments: