Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank You

Dear Supporters,

Below is what Ed has written to you, thanking you for your support and encouragement in his Primary battle with John Kerry. 

I would also personally like to take this time to thank each and every one of you for reading my entries about my travels with Ed along the campaign trail. I learned so much, met so many wonderful people, and had the time of my life. Ed is the most genuine, thoughtful, and personable candidate I have ever met. I am honored to have worked with him, and for having worked with such a wonderful campaign staff. 

Once again, thank you for believing in and fighting for what was right, and for what really mattered the most.

Best Wishes, 
Greg Agnew
greg@edoreilly.com 

The Things That Matter


I want to thank you for working with me on this campaign for meaningful change. What a journey it has been!

Although we came up short on the final numbers, we stuck to our principles and, above all else, we always kept it real.

People have asked what the future holds and, of course, I have little idea. Today, I am going to count my blessings and my heartfelt thanks to you is first on my list. I took this picture outside of my home a while back and, as the moon was setting, the sun was coming up behind me. I was sending this photo along as a symbol of where I feel I am at right now.

The truth however, is just a little different. The fog has rolled in here along the coast this morning and the fog horn is giving its familiar two blasts every thirty seconds. I know the moon is setting just outside of the fog and the sun is rising. For this moment, I can smell the sea, hear the fog horn, and be grateful for so much.

Gee, it’s nice to be home! Now, if I can only learn how to sleep past 4:30 am.
I truly appreciate your support and thank you, again!

All the best,
Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ed,

I hope you'll run against Bruce Tarr; that's a race you couldn't possibly lose, and we need people of your caliber in state government. I met you in Medford, when you came to speak at the debate we had between the various State Rep. candidates. I was extremely impressed, and I hope you can bring your skills, passion, organization, and name-recognition to taking a State Senate seat for real working Democrats. If you decide to run, my friends and I would be happy to come up and volunteer for you.